Social media has become the backbone to many investors and businesses alike. It has stepped out of the ranks of simply being a way to communicate with friends and family to become a necessary tool for all industries. In this month’s Street Smart question the Think Realty team asked our readers, “How do you use social media in your real estate business?” We hope you find these answers helpful with your own social media!

Maryann Maki of Century 21 Affiliated says:

“I want my current and future clients to see my daily schedule that contains both work and play. They need to see my rigorous full time real estate business schedule, however, they also need to see the balance with my family and personal time. I begin my daily post with…”It’s a Wonderful Day In The Neighborhood” and go from there. I get comments everywhere I go, plus 40% of my business comes from my social media posting…Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.”

You can reach Maryann at


Alex Owens from Kristin Malfer & Associates of ReeceNichols says:

“Social media is a huge part of how I seek out and do business. In some ways, I try and approach it like any other marketing platform. I use the 80/20 rule.

I post about personal things, funny pictures or videos that are not necessarily hard sales or real estate related 80 percent of the time. The other 20 percent of the time, I post about new listings, tips for buyers, sellers investors and valuable information about what’s going on in the market.

Social media is a such a great platform to stay in front of the people who are most likely to do business with you or refer you. It keeps you at the top of their mind. But like any marketing, you have to figure out a balance and know what types of content to share on which platforms.

With so many social media outlets, it can seem overwhelming sometimes. The best way I’ve found to do it, is to pick a few platforms that I already use. Then I try and post something about once a day, and engage in conversation with other people in my sphere of influence. It’s a great way to get in front of them, as well as their friends, family and followers, too!”

You can contact Alex Owens at


Ellis Moore of Elite Dreams Real Estate Investments LLC says:

“I use my social media accounts as a great way of building a network with other real estate investors as a way to sell and buy. Also, offer support for each other with asking questions and getting answers. It’s a great and powerful tool to help your business not just survive but thrive!”

You can contact Ellis Moore at


Want to participate in our Street Smart questions?

To participate in our bi-monthly Street Smart section of Think Realty magazine or Street Smart tab on our website click here to answer the current question. This is an unpaid editorial question and answer section, which could also be featured on Think Realty social media.

Categories | Article | Operations
  • Think Realty

    We believe in the positive, life-changing impact of real estate investing. Our mission is to help investors achieve their goals to build wealth, better manage time, and live a life full of purpose.

Related Posts


Submit a Comment