Members of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) gathered recently in Hawaii for the group’s 28th annual convention and trade show. The three-day event was highlighted by presentation of the organization’s 2016 awards and the installation of its incoming board and 2017 President Steve Schultz, MPM, RMP.
Awards went to:
• President’s Award: Robert Machado, MPM, RMP, HomePointe Property Management, CRMC (Sacramento, California)
• Affiliate Longevity Award: NightTenders
• Affiliate of the Year: AppFolio
• Large Chapter of the Year (125 or more members): Atlanta
• Medium Chapter of the Year (50-124 members): Colorado Springs
• Small Chapter of the Year (less than 50 members): Utah
• New Chapter of the Year: Central Texas
• Rocky Maxwell Award: Sarah Laidler, Accolade Property Management Group (Ellensburg, Washington)
• Darryl Kazen Memorial Scholarship Award: Kristi Malcom, RMP, New Hope Realty Inc. (Dallas, Georgia)
• Volunteer of the Year: Lisa Fore, RMP, of McLain Properties (Carlsbad, California)
The convention theme was Kūlia i ka nu‘u–translated as “Strive for the Summit.” NARPM 2016 President Bart Sturzl, MPM, RMP, challenged members to continue striving for excellence as they confront and master the unique challenges of managing single-family and small residential properties.
The event, two years in the making, was planned and overseen by Lisa Fore, RMP, 2016 convention committee chair, and Carla Earnest, CMP, NARPM convention planner, along with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff of Organization Management Group (OMG), the company that manages NARPM, led by Executive Director Gail S. Phillips, CAE.
NARPM, founded in 1987, now counts more than 5,000 members in the United States and abroad. For more information, visit www.narpm.org, call 800-782-3452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.